maandag 8 april 2013

Inspiration for Tuesday.........

Hi,all my dear friends,
Have a great Tuesday:-)*
I can resist it to share this.....
SO impressed me! Unbelievebly great done work.
And I asked myself too: ''What would happen if you made a painting so big that it became almost real?''


In W magazine, April 2010 issue, photographer Tim Walker brings his favorite paintings to life. Here: François-Hubert Drouais’s 18th-century portrait of Madame de Pompadour at Her Tambour Frame, (1763–64) super-sized to fill the walls of England’s Glemham Hall, SUFFOLK, UK.

What would happen if you made a painting so big that it became almost real? And what if the characters in that painting started to fall out and into our reality? These were the thoughts percolating in photographer Tim Walker’s mind when he conceived of "Blow-Up" in W magazine April 2011 issue.

Walker, together with set and costume designer Rhea Thierstein and their respective teams, spent days super-sizing some of his favorite works, and then transferring them onto the walls of Glemham Hall, a vast Elizabethan house in Suffolk, England. "There’s something ghostly about it," says Walker, "something of the past."


Wish all of you fantatsic week,my dearies!

Much Love,
***Violetta***

7 opmerkingen:

Catherine Robinson zei

There is something ghostly about it Violetta...wishing you a fabulous week too :-) thank you for popping by today always so lovely to hear from you.
xx

martinealison zei

Cela doit être formidable, même pour un artiste de voir son oeuvre en format géant ! Une manière de ne plus quitter son oeuvre et s'y fondre...
Une très jolie publication...
gros bisous

Fashion-isha zei

I love this! If my paintings would come to life there would be lots of flowers and I'd be in Venice :) I wouldn't mind that at all!
xo
Sharon

The Gossamer Tearoom zei

Isn't that just amazing, Violetta??? I find that photo very interesting too! I have always thought that being in a room with a very tall ceilings and very large murals on the walls would be the most amazing thing, almost as if you would become the doll in a dollhouse!

Thank you for sharing this and thank you, as always, for your visits to The Tearoom!

Wishing you an inspired week ahead!

Betty

lorenabr zei

It is truly gorgeous :)
http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

Madeleine Lilu Emelin zei

Have a nice day too :)

Madelief zei

This photo looks amazing Violetta! Walker is one of my favourite fashion photographers. My eldest daughter has a thick book full of photographs of his work. A single photo of his, tells a whole story :-) A few years ago I saw an exhibition of his work in the London design museum. It was very much worthwhile!

A happy weekend! Enjoy the sun.

Madelief x