Hope your week going good:-)*
The last time I am impressed by this fascinating person....
From her creation of innovative trend books and audiovisuals since the 1980s to lifestyle analysis and research conducted for the world’s leading brands today, Lidewij has pioneered trend forecasting as a profession.
She announces the concepts, colours and materials which will be in fashion two or more years in advance because as she claims, « there is no creation without advance knowledge, and without design, a product cannot exist. » In this way, she and her closely-knit teams orient her clients, creative professionals, in interpreting the evolution of society and the signals of consumer tastes to come, without forgetting economic reality.
Edelkoort Editions produces its own trend publications.
In collaboration with highly-talented stylists and photographers these inspirational tools become sophisticated image banks for creatives all around the world.
In 2003, TIME magazine named her one of the world’s 25 most influential people in fashion. In 2004, she was awarded the Netherlands’ Grand Seigneur prize for her work in fashion and textile. More recently in February 2008, Lidewij was awarded the Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication.
Other key trends at a glance:
• Wool: washed, skinned, tweed, fabrics and blanket gepild
• Maxi: dresses, long coats and duffel large knitted sweaters
• hoods and capes
• Shirts (for men and women)
• New forms of queen scallops
• Celtic influences
• Landscape (eg in design and color)
• Military styling
• Hats (Fedora's)
• Carpet Patterns for vests and jackets
• Dandy men
• Volants, big bows and lace for men
• Focus on cuffs
• German-inspired jackets hunter
• Three quarters Pants and dirndl-style new looks
• Red hair
• Embroidered motifs
• Puff sleeves and pofrokken
• Flower Prints in casual collections
• kidults: cuddly teddy and materials like terry
• White collars
• High, heavy boots
• Dark stones and pearls for accessories
Do you want to know more about trends in Fashion and not only?......................
Lidewij Edelkoort creates a collection of trend books for the textile and fashion industries, as well as the interior, design, beauty and well being markets.
Photographer: Solve Sundsbo
It´s SO inspiring and fascinated,isn´t it?!
Wish all of you mostly creative,wonderful week,my dearest friends:-)))*